20 Things About Me
Hi friends, happy Wednesday! I hope y’all are having a great week so far. Today on the blog I wanted to share some fun facts about me! I always love reading little facts about people, so today you get to learn a few about yours truly.
1. I was born in Ohio, but lived in Michigan until I was 17. I grew up in a small town on a dirt road, and the closest big town was in Ohio, so that’s actually where I went to school growing up! It’s so hard to explain where I’m from because i was in two different states every day!
2. I met my husband when we were 16 at the youth group at our church. Today is actually the anniversary of our first date! He took me to Olive Garden and spent his whole paycheck on our meals. Our anniversary is on the 24th and this year will mark three years! I love living life with him every day.
3. I LOVE wiener dogs! We have two, Hank and Jane, and they are the cutest little puppies ever. We named them after characters on our favorite TV show, Breaking Bad. They have such big personalities for being so tiny :)
4. Speaking of Breaking Bad, it’s one of my favorite TV shows. I don’t watch a lot of TV, but when I do it’s usually reruns of Breaking Bad, The OC, or Jersey Shore (don’t judge).
5. I’m a type one on the enneagram, and I knew it before I even took the test. I absolutely love to organize and clean. Sometimes I have a hard time relaxing because there is always something that I could be doing!
6. I’m a vegetarian! Well, flexitarian if you want to get technical. In March, I challenged myself to go meatless and I made it the whole month! I only eat meat once or twice a week now, and its usually a turkey burger or salmon. It’s been really fun coming up with different meal ideas! But I’m not going to lie, I can’t give up Chickfila.
7.. I love to read! I listen to a lot of audiobooks (thanks, Scribd!) while I work, and then I always read a little before bed every night. I read both fiction and non-fiction! Thrillers and biographies are my favorite, and I love Harry Potter! Hufflepuff for life.
8. I worked at grocery store deli counter through college! My best friend Hilary worked there also, and it was so much fun to work together. Pro tip- don’t ever order bologna. Just don’t!
9. I can’t live without pizza. I take pride in knowing that I can make a pizza out of almost anything. Have some leftover French bread? Pizza. Naan bread? Pizza. Zucchini? pizza. My favorite toppings are banana peppers, olives, and feta cheese! I sometimes cheat and eat pepperoni.
10. Road trips are my favorite! This August we are going on two- Denver and Nashville! It’s so fun to just listen to music or podcasts and just drive.
11. I love to exercise. I’m currently training for a 10k. It’s such a great way to release stress! When I’m not running you’ll find me doing barre or yoga.
12. Tommy Boy is my favorite movie! Even thought it came out when I was two, I grew up watching it with my older brothers. It still makes me laugh so hard!
13. I love to bake! Chocolate chip cookies are my specialty, but lately i’ve been attempting breads and it’s so much fun! I am going to attempt homemade French bread soon!
14. Gin and tonics are my favorite cocktail! Also I love a good glass of rose.
15. My favorite thing to do on Saturday is go thrifting or antiquing! I find so much joy in finding a good deal or finding a treasure for my home. One of my favorite finds ever is a copy of Julia Child’s Mastering the Art of French Cooking!
16. This is extremely cliche but I love coffee! I’m super basic and I love Starbucks. My go to drink order is an iced coffee with one pump of classic syrup and cream.
17. Every summer Jon and I go see Dave Matthews Band! His concerts are so much fun. We buy the cheap lawn tickets and just sit and people watch and then dance all night! Maybe drink a beer (or three, who’s counting!)
18. In the winter, you’ll probably find me curled up on the couch with my knitting needles! My grandma taught me when I was younger, but I was so busy during high school and college and never had the time to knit. I finally picked it back up this last year and it’s been so much fun to learn new stitches!
19. One of my goals in life is to be on Jeopardy! I used to watch it all the time back home, and sometimes I would get a whole category! I love trivia and it’s easy for me to remember random little facts. Hopefully you’ll see me with Alex Trebek :)
20. I love Jesus! I was raised catholic, but I never really had a relationship with God until I started going to youth group at a christian church. It’s amazing to see how much he has blessed my life!
I hope you enjoyed learning some fun things about me! Tell me something about yourself in the comments!